Have you ever thought of acquiring a green card or purchasing a business of your own in the United States? Eb5- investor visa(eb5 visa) is the perfect choice for you. Eb5 visa requires that you either, invest $1,800,000 or $900,000(the lowest investment allowed in the rural or high unemployment areas, also known as Targeted Employment Area or “TEA”). In return the United States government provides the investor with a green card. 10,000 green cards are given to investors yearly under the Eb5 program and so far, numbers of applicants has always been below the cap. The advantage of the program is the processing speed at which an investor gets green card, but the cons is that the legal aspects are complex and the petition requires extensive documentation. Also, the substantial investment requires in the Eb5 program is relatively high. But this should not stop you from your green card dream, our best immigration attorney houston tx is here to walk you through the process.
EB5 Projects & Regional Center Texas
Texas is one of the states in the U.S that is benefiting significantly in terms of investment and job creation, according to the U.S Dept of Commerce. Eb5 -Economic Impact Studies showed that eb5 texas investment totaled $818.67 million and created over 14,300 jobs in 2014 -2015. On May 2020, Texas has approved Eb5 regional center listed by the USCIS.
In term of state economy, Texas referred as “Lone Star State” is the second largest in the U.S with the gross state product of about $1.8 trillion. The major industries in Texas are petroleum & natural gas, farming, and tourism. Forbes in 2019 ranked Texas as the second best state for business. Texas is a home of 49 fortune 500 companies including AT&T, American Airlines, Exxon mobile, etc, recorded by the office of the state governor Texas Economic Development & Tourism. Texas has one of the lowest property cost comparing to other states in the nation, also does not have a personal income tax which makes Texas an appealing destination to invest.
EB5 Requirements And Eligibility
There are five major factors to get an Eb5 visa and are as follows;
- Must prove the investment fund is from legitimate source
- You must be willing to invest either $1,800,000 or $900,000 to the Targeted Employment ares.
- You must make the investment in a new or existing entity(It allows you to create your own business or buy one)
- The entire amount of investment must be active or at risk (It means you can not just be thinking about buying a business, and you have to put up capital that could be lost)
- You must demonstrate that the investment directly or indirectly effects in the creation or preservation to ten full time jobs.
If you can accomplish these factors, you are then on your way to getting your green card. However, the process is not that simple, you will need a qualified attorney (also, an accountant) to navigate through this complication area. When filing your petition you must apply to the USCIS and submit a number of required documents, which include; Immigration forms, personal financial information, business plans, a legal brief summarizing how you have met all the elements of the status, also other supporting evidence. abogado de inmigracion en houston texas is the best choice to help you with your eb5 investment.
EB-5 Visa Benefits
- A direct route to a Green care and permanent residency in the U.S
- Your spouse, and your children will benefit the green care and permanent(it means your spouse and children will get their Green Card grant and issued)
- No backlog- they are several delay and backlog for employment and family-based Green card categories, but there is no backlog for eb5 visa, except for applicants from china.
- You may become a U.S citizen after receiving a Green card (5 years interval)
- You can live, work, and retire in any part of the United States.
- No sponsor needed- you do not require sponsorship from either employer or a family member.