Whether you are a pedestrian, a cyclist, a passenger in a car or a driver, if you are injured in a road accident, you will be compensated. If you are a driver, your compensation will depend on your responsibility for the accident and the guarantees you have purchased.

  • People affected by the compensation
  • Personal injury taken into account for compensation
  • The steps to be compensated
  • compensation
  • Personal insurance allowing compensation in the event of a road accident
  • Specific cases of road accidents
  • People affected by the compensation
  • Passengers, pedestrians and cyclists victims

Their bodily injury is fully compensated, except when the victim has:

  • intentionally caused injuries, for example in the case of suicidal behavior
  • committed an inexcusable fault, the sole cause of the accident. However, this fault is not retained if, at the time of the accident, the victim is under 16 years of age, over 70 years of age or suffering from permanent incapacity or invalidity at least equal to 80 %.

What is a traffic accident (or road accident)?

A traffic accident necessarily involves a land motor vehicle (car, motorcycle, scooter or other two-wheeler, coach, tractor, etc.), whether or not it is in motion.

On the other hand, accidents caused by trains and trams traveling on their own tracks are not considered to be traffic accidents involving a land motor vehicle. From the Auto accident attorneys you can find the best deals now.

What is personal injury?

  • Personal injury covers the attack on the physical or mental integrity of the person.
  • Drivers of land motor vehicles (trucks, cars, motorized two-wheelers, etc.)
  • The driver is entitled to compensation for bodily injury except in the event of a fault which may limit or even exclude his right to compensation.
  • For example, the driver who travels at excessive speed and cannot do the avoidance maneuver that would have prevented the accident, may have his right of compensation limited or waived.

Personal injury taken into account for compensation

The damages taken into account by insurers and the courts are listed in a nomenclature called Dintilhac Nomenclature.

They include the funeral expenses, loss of income and miscellaneous expenses of the relatives, the loss of affection (moral pain) and the damage of accompaniment (moral damage suffered by the relatives during the illness, traumatic until death of the direct victim). They include loss of income and miscellaneous expenses of relatives, prejudice of affection (moral pain suffered by certain relatives at the sight of the suffering of the direct victim) and exceptional extrapatrimonial damage.

The steps to be compensated

Declaration of the accident

In general, to enable the compensation process to start, victims of a road accident or the persons accompanying them must, as far as possible, complete an amicable report. The insurer of each vehicle involved in the accident must be promptly informed, at the latest within five working days. It is possible to make a first declaration by telephone. In his declaration, the insured or the person accompanying him must indicate the name and number of the insurance contract, specify the date, place and circumstances of the accident, if applicable, the names and addresses of witnesses.